#ReadWomen 2023 Last Quarter aka All The Books I Read in 2023

Here is a list of all the books I read in 2023.




Bolded are the books I read October-December 2023.

  1. You Made a Fool of Death With Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi
  2. The Lonely City: Adventures in the Art of Being Alone by Olivia Laing
  3. Death in Her Hands by Ottessa Moshfegh
  4. Heaven by Mieko Kawakami
  5. People Person by Candice Carty-Williams
  6. Shine Bright: A Very Personal History of Black Women in Pop by Danyel Smith
  7. The Last Karankawas by Kimberly Garza
  8. The Woo-Wo: How i survived ice hockey, drug raids, demons, and my crazy chinese family by Lindsay Wong
  9. Stay True: A Memoir by Hua Hsu
  10. Self-Portrait with Nothing by Aimee Pokwatka
  11. Ogadinma: Or, Everything Will Be All Right by Ukamaka Olisakwe
  12. Your Driver is Waiting by Priya Guns
  13. The Slynx by Tatyana Tolstaya
  14. Tokyo Ueno Station by Yu Miri
  15. Emily’s Quest by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)
  16. Emily’s Climb by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)
  17. Night of the Living Rez: Stories by Morgan Talty
  18. The Heart Aroused: Poetry and Preservation of the Soul in Corporate America by David Whyte
  19. Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger (re-read)
  20. The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
  21. Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey (Re-read)
  22. No cure for being human by Kate Bowler
  23. Return: Why we go back to where we come from by Kamal Al-Solaylee
  24. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
  25. The Book of Form and Emptiness by Ruth Ozeki
  26. On Writing by Stephen King
  27. Velvet was the night by Silvia Moreno Garcia
  28. All About Love: New Visions by bell hooks
  29. Mãn by Kim Thúy
  30. The Carrow Haunt by Darcy Coates
  31. The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell
  32. The Cine Star Salon by Leah Ranada
  33. White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi (re-read)
  34. Falling Back in Love with Being Human: Letters to Lost Souls by Kai Cheng Thom
  35. Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente (re-read)
  36. Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner (re-read)
  37. Karitas Unitled by Kristin Marja Baldursdottir
  38. What is is not yours is not yours: stories by Helen Oyeyemi (re-read)
  39. My Ántonia by Willa Cather (re-read)
  40. There’s No Such Thing as an Easy Job by Kikuko Tsumura (re-read)
  41. The Cat Who Saved Books by Sosuke Natsukawa
  42. She Come By it Natural: Dolly Parton and the Women who Lived Her Songs by Sarah Smarsh


I re/read 42 books in 2023 total, 33 of them were written by women.


My favourite fiction read was actually the first book I read of the year, You Made a Fool of Death With Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi, though overall I enjoyed a lot of my fiction reads this year more than I did last year.


My favourite non-fiction reads were hands down

Shine Bright: A Very Personal History of Black Women in Pop by Danyel Smith
All About Love: New Visions by bell hooks
Stay True: A Memoir by Hua Hsu


Smith's Shine Bright was heartbreaking and so smart its almost dizzying. I have re-read many of the chapters throughout this year and would say that of everything I read in 2023, this was my very favourite book. I went out and bought myself a copy after I read it first from the library.


Stay True
was beautiful and it deserved the Pulitzer for sure. I read hooks' all about love at the behest of a friend and learned so much, fantastic read.


I was so disappointed by The Book of Form and Emptiness by Ruth Ozeki I can hardly believe it, Ozeki is one of my very favourite authors. I learned a lesson though - read from the library first, and if I don't like a book a few chapters in, I should call it quits.


Here is my reading progress throughout the year:
First quarter reading list 
Second quarter reading list
Third quarter reading list 

I have been doing #ReadWomen for almost a decade! Find out why hereWant to know what I've read in previous years? Links below!

2022 books

2021 books

2020 books 

2019 books

2018 books

2017 books

2016 books

2015 books

2014 books

Popular posts from this blog

9 Reasons Why Zack on Gilmore Girls is the Worst

VIDEO: Tips for Better Dailies Notes

2 New-ish Perspectives on Work-Life Balance