#ReadWomen 2023 Second Quarter

 Here are all the books I read April-June 2023!




When I was in my twenties, I was obsessed with Franny and Zooey, Salinger's legacy as a monster/criminal notwithstanding. I was surprised re-reading it for the first time while in my thirties how much I still enjoyed it, and how much it reminds me of my mum.

Priya Guns' book, Your Driver is Waiting was good. I burned through it, very of-the-moment, thoughtful, and darkly entertaining.

  1. You Made a Fool of Death With Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi
  2. The Lonely City: Adventures in the Art of Being Alone by Olivia Laing
  3. Death in Her Hands by Ottessa Moshfegh
  4. Heaven by Mieko Kawakami
  5. People Person by Candice Carty-Williams
  6. Shine Bright: A Very Personal History of Black Women in Pop by Danyel Smith
  7. The Last Karankawas by Kimberly Garza
  8. The Woo-Wo: How I Survived Ice Hockey, Drug Raids, Demons, and my Crazy Chinese Family by Lindsay Wong
  9. Stay True: A Memoir by Hua Hsu
  10. Self-Portrait with Nothing by Aimee Pokwatka 
  11. Ogadinma: Or, Everything Will Be All Right by Ukamaka Olisakwe
  12. Your Driver is Waiting by Priya Guns
  13. The Slynx by Tatyana Tolstaya
  14. Tokyo Ueno Station by Yu Miri
  15. Emily’s Quest by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)
  16. Emily’s Climb by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)
  17. Night of the Living Rez: Stories by Morgan Talty
  18. The Heart Aroused: Poetry and Preservation of the Soul in Corporate America by David Whyte
  19. Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger (re-read)
  20. The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
  21. Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey (Re-read)


My first quarter reading list is in grey above, you can also check out my Jan-March reads here.

I have been doing #ReadWomen since 2014! Find out why hereWant to know what I've read in previous years? Links below!

2022 books

2021 books

2020 books 

2019 books

2018 books

2017 books

2016 books

2015 books

2014 books

Popular posts from this blog

9 Reasons Why Zack on Gilmore Girls is the Worst

VIDEO: Tips for Better Dailies Notes

2 New-ish Perspectives on Work-Life Balance