#ReadWomen 2024 First Quarter

I have a goal of reading as many books by women as I possibly can. Here is a list of what I read January-March 2024.



Ironically, the first book I read this year was by a man (Raymond Carver) and I hated it. Some of the stories were decent, and I only read it because I love Time Ain't Accidental by Jess Williamson (she sings about reading Raymond Carver by the pool bar like a lady).

Tell Me Pleasant Things about Immortality: Stories by Lindsay Wong was brutal and dark but I enjoyed it much.


  1. What We Talk About When We Talk About Love: Stories by Raymond Carver
  2. White Cat, Black Dog: Stories by Kelly Link
  3. This Woman’s Work: Essays on Music edited by Sinéad Gleeson and Kim Gordon
  4. Silver Nitrate by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
  5. Irma Voth by Miriam Toews
  6. This is what it sounds like: what the music you love says about you by Susan Rogers and Ogi Ogas
  7. Beloved by Toni Morrison
  8. Tell Me Pleasant Things about Immortality: Stories by Lindsay Wong 
  9. A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews 
  10. Funny Weather: Art in an Emergency by Olivia Laing 
  11. Unearthing: A Story of Tangled Love and Family Secrets by Kyo Maclear


I would say of all these that This Woman’s Work: Essays on Music edited by Sinéad Gleeson and Kim Gordon was my favourite, I got so much from so many of the essays.


I have been doing #ReadWomen for a decade! Find out why hereWant to know what I've read in previous years? Links below!

2022 books

2021 books

2020 books 

2019 books

2018 books

2017 books

2016 books

2015 books

2014 books


Popular posts from this blog

9 Reasons Why Zack on Gilmore Girls is the Worst

VIDEO: Tips for Better Dailies Notes

VIDEO: Why Not Why