Introvert Mood Board: Summer 2021

If nothing else, the pandemic experience has taught me that my capacity for introversion is...limitless.

Above: Making a Wish for a Long Life on Chrysanthemums by Uemura Shōen (1939)


Of course I missed my family and friends, and I am cautiously optimistic about our province's vaccination rates. At the same time, I greatly enjoy my own company, and the pandemic has only affirmed this. Here are some quotes that I am pinning to my Introvert Inspiration board for the summer.


She [Emily Dickinson] recalled hearing the faraway sound of an ax being brought down long after a farmer had swung it. What stayed with her was not the action or the farmer. What remained was the lingering sound. Emily wanted to be like that: heard but not seen.

from These Fevered Days by Martha Ackmann 


Lily was a bunch of crumpled pockets and Sylvie is a black dress, perfumed scarves, iron posture and whatever else turns a person into an atmosphere.

from White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi


But the most humbling lesson I have learned by digging into Meg's story is that an artist who has already given so much of herself through her work, does not owe anybody any conversation about it. Through that lens maybe Meg wasn't quiet, but instead radical in the defiant template she set for how to be a famous person who makes no apologies for letting the work speak for itself

from Meg White Is The 21st Century's Loudest Introvert by Talia Schlanger


Popular posts from this blog

9 Reasons Why Zack on Gilmore Girls is the Worst

VIDEO: Tips for Better Dailies Notes

2 New-ish Perspectives on Work-Life Balance