Best Of L.M. Montgomery's "Emily Climbs"

Here is a selection of memorable quotes from Emily Climbs by L.M. Montgomery

Painting above: A Lady Reading (c.1909-1911) by Gwen John


I shall always end my stories happily. I don’t care whether it’s ‘true to life’ or not. It’s true to life as it should be and that’s a better truth than the other.

p. 259


But I believe in myself, and there is always my world behind the curtain.

p. 373


I am conscious of three sensations. On top I am sternly composed and traditional. Underneath that, something that would hurt horribly if I let it is being kept down. And underneath that again is a queer feeling of relief that I still have my freedom.

p. 376



Want more L.M. Montgomery? A close look at her work and life here.

Popular posts from this blog

9 Reasons Why Zack on Gilmore Girls is the Worst

VIDEO: Tips for Better Dailies Notes

2 New-ish Perspectives on Work-Life Balance