Best Of Helen Oyeyemi's "Boy, Snow, Bird"

Here is a selection of memorable quotes from Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi

Painting above: Hip Hip Hooray! An Artists' Party at Skagen by Peter Severin Krøyer

I was new to champagne, but as soon as I tasted it, spark after gold spark, I thought, well, there’s magic in this water, no wonder Mia said to wish on it.
p. 48

I’ve forgotten her exact words, but here it is as I remember it, except for the parts I’ve added because she told me that each time a story like this one gets retold the new teller should add a little something of their own.
p. 228-9

Clara has a good heart, but goodness is independent from gentleness.
p.272

No revelation is immediate, not if it's real. I feel that more and more.
p.275



You can read more about the Best Of series here.

Popular posts from this blog

9 Reasons Why Zack on Gilmore Girls is the Worst

VIDEO: Tips for Better Dailies Notes

2 New-ish Perspectives on Work-Life Balance